Sunday, January 26, 2014

Tomah Saturday Now a FULL POINTS RACE

Strange year isn't it?

Due to two races being cancelled so far this year it has been decided that the Saturday Feb 1 race at Tomah is now a full CWIRA POINTS EVENT.

Here is the basic rundown of the plan for the weekend of Feb 1/2 at Tomah:

Sat Feb 1 - Full CWIRA Points Schedule of classes PLUS Wisconsin Kold Kutter Shootout qualifying races.
Sun Feb 2 - Full CWIRA Points Schedule of classes PLUS Wisconsin Kold Kutter Shootout Finals.

So the bottom line is we are making up one of the missed points races on the Saturday of Tomah.

If you choose to stay in Tomah Saturday night remember the Best Western has a block of rooms available at a reduced rate - ask for the Kold Kutter Race discount when you call.

Full details to follow.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Rock Dam Cancelled for Jan 26

Alert the troops - Rock Dam is cancelled for Sunday Jan 26 due to unsafe lake conditions.

In other words - all usable race areas are under water.  Same problem - different lake.  However at the Rock Dam location there are no alternative options to make the race happen.

Friday, January 24, 2014

Wisconsin Kold Kutter Shootout/CWIRA Mid-Season Championship Feb 1/2

Saturday/Sunday at Tomah - it's the BIG ONE!

February 1-2

Saturday starts the Kold Kutter Shootout - Sunday the finals and the Mid-Season Championship to boot.  $2000+ extra prize $$$ up for grabs.  

Hotel Info:  Best Western Tomah Hotel - located on Hwy 21, at interstate 94 Tomah exit. They are giving $10 off their normal room rate of $89.99, so the rate for a 2 queen bed room will be $79.99 plus tax. Ammenities are pool, lounge and a Perkins Restraunt. There is ample parking for trailers. There is a block of 30 rooms set aside. When making reservations ask for the Kold Kutter block. Rooms must be booked by Jan. 29th. to receive discount.

Very nice, clean hotel, formerly a Holiday Inn.  Their phone number is 608-372-3211 an as of the 24th rooms were still available.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Workers Needed For Rock Dam

Hello Racers,

We are looking for workers to cover the Rock Dam race.  We currently have zero workers and need six to pull this off.  If you want to race remember you can have someone work for you to achieve worker points for the day.  Workers must be to the track by 7:30am to help set up.  If the racer wants to help set up and tear down the substitute worker must be ready to work by practice the day of the race.  Please pitch in and help out.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Hatfield Results

Can be seen on the "results" page.

But whatever you do DON'T click on this direct link:

You did anyway didn't you?  You rebel.

I'll have the points up Tuesday night - some changes were made in the Pro rubber classes that affect the Sherwood totals that will be reflected in the new overall totals for those classes.  Note that these changes were points only and did not change the finishing positions.

Friday, January 3, 2014

Fremont Sat/Sun CANCELLED


Both Saturday and Sunday of the Fremont Weekend has been cancelled.  The points event for Sunday has been TENTATIVELY penciled in for the Saturday of the Weyauwega Fire On Ice Weekend (at the Fremont Location) Feb 8.

Fremont Weekend/Potential Reschedule


First off, as of 7am Friday the original weekend schedule of races for Fremont Saturday and Sunday is STILL ON.

However, the last forecast from the NWS has WIND CHILL WARNINGS for Sunday posted.  We can all "tough it out" when it's just cold but we are looking at minus teens for the high temps with wind making a situation that has a high potential for problems - both human and mechanical.

At this time the promoter (Jim) and members of the Board are discussing options - the big one of course is not running this weekend.  The idea of making Saturday a points race has pretty much been ruled out because of the short time frame to be fair to racers chasing a Championship.  Racing only Saturday is also not a good option as the reduced number of entries makes it a loosing money deal for the promoter.  So that brings up the problem of Sunday needing a good turn out because Sunday pays for Saturday.

Two options are on the table - which will have an impact on if the Fremont event it cancelled:

#1;  The points race will be re-scheduled to the Saturday of the Weyauwega race.  The location of both events would make this an easy pair of races to hit and a large number of racers already hotel in the area anyway because of the early Weyauwega start time.

#2;  The points weekend gets re-scheduled to our "make up" weekend at the end of Feb.- which as of now is an open weekend.  This would allow the option of retaining a two-day event (no promises) but also puts the points part of the question back to Sunday.

There is some concern about using up our "make-up" weekend right away, but we've had to do that before.

At this point nothing has been decided - please add any thoughts you may have to the message board.

Again, our concern is the safety of the racers - Sunday is forecast to have a high only in the teens BELOW zero WITH WIND.  It's not just the racers, but the corner workers are also in danger if we ask them to do this as well.

Keep an eye here and on the twitter feed for updates.